Do you have handrails installed? Is a fire extinguisher nearby in case of emergency? Professionals provide in-home safety assessments for older adults that enable them to live comfortably in a safe home environment. Home Safety Evaluations help prevent household accidents, alleviate hazards and protect the home against potential problems. Professionals provide in-home evaluation of safety hazards, with specific recommendations for making the home safe.
Home Safety Questions:
- Does your bathmat have a non-skid back?
- Is there adequate lighting around your medicine cabinet?
- Do you have nightlights in your bedroom, bathroom and hallway?
- Are all medicines clearly marked?
- Are your cleaning products stored away from food products?
- Are pot handles turned away from reach while cooking?